From: Mike Adams <mikadams@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 1995 07:19:59 -0700
Subject: Re: SURVEY / 1Jn1:7

You wrote:

>Carl W Conrad wrote:
>> Most participants readily identify themselves with a signature file
of
>> some sort appended to their notes, and it always annoys me to see a
>> question or request addressed to listmembers in general that is
unsigned.
>> An unsigned request of this sort borders on (if it doesn't cross the

>> line) being tacky.
>
>By somewhat free association this reminded me of 1Jn1:7 EN TWi FWTI
>PERIPATWMEN ("[if] we are walking in the light").  What does this
>really mean?  Does it mean to live honestly and openly in contrast to
>YEUDOMEQA (v6 "we lie"; cf. Jn3:20-21)?  Or, is the BAGD right in
>glossing this as "to be filled w[ith] Christian truth," presumably in
>contrast to OU POIOUMEN THN ALHQEIAN (v6 "we do not live by truth"
NIV)?

>Thoughts anyone?
>
>Stephen Carlson

I've been monitoring this group for a week or two myself, but have
never jumped into the discussions publicly because I was certain that
all I'd accomplish would be to broadcast my ignorance. But since the
subject here appears to be well within the realm of my knowledge and
experience, I will speak.

I know nothing of signatures. My husband, with his great skill and
wisdom, was able to place his own name by our address when he enrolled
us in the net. I generally sign my name at the bottom, so people will
know it's I, not he. But signatures...way beyond my poor powers to add
or detract. Is it possible Mr. Anon simply shares my lack of knowledge
and finesse?

As far as my pupose for being here, I feel priviledged to both be able
to view your writings and to know there are people I can go to when I
have questions of my own. I love studying the NT in Greek but as a
mother of three, I've never been able to afford the time or expense of
formal study. My personal library is scanty at best.

Here I feel much like a starving child feasting on the scraps from a
lush banqueting table. If you please, though, when an anonymous
scavenger brushes too close to your feet, try not to kick him too hard.

(Simply) Ellen