From: David Last <D.Last@mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 11:00:41 GMT
Subject: Mark's Ending (was Mark 16:8)

[ I've changed the subject of this email so as to separate it from  ]
[ Larry Hurtado's desire for discussion on the grammatical point.   ]

Couldn't one of the points of ending at 16:8 be that it leaves
Jesus' disciples at exactly the same point as the reader?  We are all
left with the promise of his reappearance and we have to take him at
his word.  Mark has taken 16 chapters to reveal who Jesus is.  Now
the call is to faith in an unseen Lord BUT who will ultimately
reappear.

David Last
Manchester, UK.