From: "Gregory Jordan (ENG)" <jordan@chuma.cas.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 14:36:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: sarx in Paul

So many interesting threads going on at once...but I need to start one
more related to something I'm working on right now.

Does anyone know the background behind Paul's odd use of "sarks" (flesh)
to represent an evil attitude?  Is it a Semiticism?  Or is there some
philosophical tradition that used the word this way?

Thanks for any input...

Greg Jordan
jordan@chuma.cas.usf.edu