From: MelLawrenz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 01:53:13 -0400

unsubscribe

------------------------------

From: MR ALAN R CRAIG <CSRT29A@prodigy.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 02:08:59 EDT
Subject: John 1:1c

- -- [ From: Alan R. Craig * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

 Hello Mr. Conrad:

> > I think the real reason why nobody who has been regular on this
list has
> > tackled this question is that there was an exhaustive discussion of
> > precisely this verselet and all the questions of the anarthrous
> > predicate
> > noun QEOS in it in the late winter or early spring. I think that
> > everything which anybody wanted to say was pretty much said then.
It's a
> > shame we don't have a public archive for the list; I think I can
put
> > together the entire correspondence for that thread and send it to
you
> > off-line if you would like, but I really don't think people want to
> > rehearse the very extensive discussion from earlier in the year.

 No, I am not particularly interested in how some might have discussed
 and/or exchanged their views on what this verse (in particular, clause
c)
 *means.*  I am simply interested in having someone help me gather
together
 those clauses (from all possible Greek sources) which parallel this
 clause---meaning, those which have the precise word order (sentence
 structure), that is, not just in the use of the anarthrous predicate
noun but
 those which are also found precede the verb and the subject noun.

 If you can help with this, I'd very much appreciate it.
 Thanks for your interest and offer,
 sincerely,
 Alan Craig.