From: Kenneth Litwak <kenneth@sybase.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 95 22:26:09 PDT
Subject: Matt 16:13

  I'd appreciate a little help with the syntax of Mt 16:13.
1.  Why is Tina used, instead of tis, given that the logical subject of a
question would normally, I would  think, be in the nominative?
2.  Should this be rendered "Whom do they say the Son of Man to be? ??
3.  If einai is the verb which goes with ton (uion tou anthrwpou, is
this a case of an accusative subject for an infinitive, or is it an
excedption to the rule that eimi takes nominatives?
Thanks in advance.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA