From: Mari Olsen <molsen@astrid.ling.nwu.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 11:14:46 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: help messages

I think for some lists a HELP message elicits an automatic response
with a FAQ and instructions for subscribe, unsubscribe.  So the
questioner isn't intentionally enigmatic; rather, he's not wanting to
burden the list with 'housekeeping' questions.

Mari Broman Olsen
Northwestern University
Department of Linguistics
2016 Sheridan Road