From: turquoyz <turquoyz@databank.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 16:06:54 -0500
Subject: Re: A TC Question

What Sturz is doing is asking why those that adulate the Egyptian text-type
still prefer the WH/Nestle readings when there are Byzantine readings in
P46. When confronted with a Byzantine reading, Black, Aland, Metzger &
company still prefer Codex Sinaiticus/ Vaticanus readings. Sturz' conclusion
from bits and pieces of Byzantine text in "supposedly" neutral texts, is
that the Byzantine text-type is as old, if not older than the Western &
Egyptian texts, and therefore not a conflation. Sturz has done much work in
this area. Also Farstad & Hodges on their Majority Text.

Warm regards,

Jim Williams