        Re: Porter on the present

From: "Keith A. Clay" <keithc@ramlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 05:21:22 -0400

>Dear Mr.Clay,
>I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are aware of the problem
>and we have deleted the accounts which we believe have created the
>problem. However this has become an ongoing problem for us and few other
>centers. The person who is doing this is known as crazy kevin as we came
>to know from other netters, we do not know where he exists or if that is
>his real name. If you get any more of this garbage contact me. Dr.Leff is
>incharge of our Illinois facility where this problem has originated, he
>is aware of this problem and has stopped all news postings until futher
>notice.
>Dr.Leff can be reached at leff@ixc.net.
>Regards,
>Kent Charugundla
>

>On Sun, 22 Oct 1995, Keith A. Clay wrote:
>

>> Mr. Charugundla,
>>
>> There are persons using pml-41.ixc.net for sending magazine subscriptions
>> ad nausem to people who do not want them.  The biggest problem is is that
>> there are no return e-mail addresses with which to redress this highly
>> reprehensible action.  I would ask that yourself or the appropriate
>> person(s) guarantee that any mail send from your sites carry an
>> e-mail-able address.  If you have any questions, please contact me, and I
>> will show you what I mean.
>>

>> thank you,
>> keith
>>
>> --

Here's the response that I got by contacting the offending site.  They seem
to be trying.

keith

Keith A. Clay					Tri-State Oxygen, Inc
4013 Blackburn Avenue				2927 Greenup Avenue
Ashland, KY 41101-5019			        P.O. Box 121
(606)325-8331					Ashland, KY 41105-0121
						(606)329-9638
						(800)828-1620
School Address:
100 Academic Parkway
Kentucky Christian College
Box 171
Grayson, KY 41143

e-mail:  keithc@ramlink.net

Fax:  (606)325-8331 -- my computer answers both my phone and receives faxes.
      (606)325-9962 -- work fax

   "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting.  It has been found
    difficult and left untried." -- G. K. Chesterton