From: shilton@cornerstone.edu
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 07:41:39 EST
Subject: [none]

subscribe b-greek shilton@cornerstone.edu

------------------------------

From: "Carl W. Conrad" <cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 07:47:30 -0600
Subject: Re: subscribe

At 7:31 AM 11/15/95, Robert Groover wrote:
>subscribe b-greek groover@netcom.com
>
>I hope this won't hit the list (and I apologize if it does), but
>I don't have any other address for this list, and I would like
>to subscribe.
>
>I'm a rusty Classics major trying to keep my Greek current for Bible and
>patristics - I've found (as I guess we all have) that the Greek is
>indispensible to accurate reading.  I've got basic references here
>(Kittel and L&S), but nobody to talk to about them (a common problem
>outside of academia), so I'm quite excited about this list.
>Thanks,
>
>Robert Groover   groover@netcom.com   (PGP key on request)
>Member ECS, AVS, ACM, OSA, Sen.Mem.IEEE, Reg'd Patent Atty
>        "All men by nature desire knowledge."

This won't work, as it goes to the whole discussion list. Your subscription
must be sent to:

        majordomo@virginia.edu

By the way, are you familiar with John H. Randall Jr.'s comment on that
line from Aristotle's Metaphysics? "It's obvious that Aristotle never had
any experience of American undergraduate college students."

It will be good to have you aboard.

(314) 935-4018