[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

b-greek-digest V1 #37

b-greek-digest            Friday, 8 December 1995      Volume 01 : Number 037

In this issue:

        confused
        Re: b-greek-digest V1 #32
        Re: confused
        Re: confused
        Re: Inerrancy discussion
        God didn't "fail"
        Re: Inerrancy discussion
        Textus Receptus
        Re: confused
        Re > Textus Receptus
        Re: Re > Textus Receptus
        RE: THE PRESERVATION OF THE ...
        Re: FREE Magazine Problem
        FREE Magazine Subscriptions
        Re: b-greek-digest V1 #32 /inerrancy
        Re:L Inerrancy Discussion (End to)
        Re: Acts 15:18
        Re: Greek orthography
        Re:Textus Receptus

From: Jeff Needle <jeff.needle@giffy.com>
Date: Fri,  8 Dec 1995 04:52:00 GMT
Subject: confused

W > From: Carlton Winbery <winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net>
W > To: b-greek@virginia.edu
W > Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 21:07:06 +0400
W > Subject: confused
W >
W > It's a slow night.  I am a bit confused.  I am being told that there must
W > be an inerrant text of Scripture or I have nothing to base my faith on.
W > Some even say I can't be a Christian without believing (I suppose that
W > means give mental assent to) in an inerrant text.  But they also tell me
W > that the texts that are inerrant are the original autographs which I can't
W > quite get to.  Woe is me for I am in a pickle.  I can't be saved without an
W > inerrant text and we haven't yet found the autographs.  If anyone finds
W > them, fax them to me quick!
W >
W > Calton L. Winbery
W > Prof. Religion
W > LA College, Pineville, La
W > winberyc@popalex1.linknet.net
W >
W >
W >

Sorry, misplaced the original autographs -- saw them just the other
day, can't put my finger on them now.

BTW, you must be a very short person, if you're in a pickle.  I'm
surprised the literalists on this list did not pick up on this before.

Pax.

Jeff Needle
jeff.needle@giffy.com

- ---