From: Fritz Rusch <rusch@inst.augie.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 11:39:42 -0600
Subject: Re:  Participles

just an extra thought - i prefer to remind students of attributive and
predicate position adjective use.  Then i incorporate circumstantial usage
and supplementary within the predicate position possibility.  By the way
in dealing with genitive absolutes, do people alsopoint out the accusative
absolute found with impersonal verb constructions?  Perhaps that's best
reserved for a later point in Greek although if one has reached genitive
absolutes it would seem appropriate.

other question - in teaching participles i once used 1 Cor 15 for samples
and was struck by the number of attributive usages - could that be a
reflection of semitic participle usage?  just curious what others might
have noticed - i've made no effort at statistical analysis, etc at this
point.

fritz rusch
augustana college, sioux falls