From: Indepen <adc8@columbia.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 09:42:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Chrism and Baptism

Actually, the moment in the Christ narrative most resembling traditional
anointing comes in Mt. 26 or Luke 7, when a woman (or a sinning woman, in
Luke) pours fragrant oil on Jesus's head (or feet, in Luke).  John's
baptism, nor the Dove of the Holy Spirit bears much resemblance to the
kingly anointing in the Hebrew Bible.

		A.D. Corn