From: Russ Reeves <russr@pe.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:56:53 +0000
Subject: Matthew 24:20

The first phrase of Matthew 24:30 (I'm not sure if I'm
transliterating in the standard way for this group - I'm using "H"
for eta) "KAI TOTE PHANHSETAI TO SHMEION TOU UIOU TOU ANTHROPOU EN
OURANW," is usually rendered "the sign of the Son of Man will appear
in the sky" (NIV) or along those lines.  But is it the "sign" that
is in heaven or the "Son of Man"?  Is it grammatically possible that
the "sign" is that the Son of Man is in heaven?

Thank you,

Russ Reeves
russr@pe.net