From: HDiehl312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 01:46:17 -0500
Subject: greek

unsubscribe b-greek

------------------------------

From: "Michael R. Beetley" <mbeetley@fuller.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 00:46:29 -0800
Subject: RE: Biblia Sacra: Utriusque Testimenti

>   Has anyone seen a review on the Biblia Sacra: Utriusque Testimenti?  =
It is
> the Hebrew BHS and Greek NA27 combined into one volume from ABS.
>   I would like to know its portability (ie, size & weight) and the
> legiblility of the fonts,  plus any other comments you might have =
about it if
> you have seen it or have purchased it.

Well, I haven't seen any reviews, but a classmate recently purchased it, =
and I'm about to do so myself.  It's assembled as if they took a copy of =
the NA27 and of the small version of the BHS, took off the covers, and =
glued them together, back to back.  (Someone asked him which bible was =
in the front--he said "both".)  If you haven't seen the small BHS, it is =
fairly legible IMO, though not quite as nice as the big one.  Weight =
wise, I'm not sure how it compares with the large BHS, but I'd guess =
that it's a bit lighter.  Still fairly heavy, though. If you've got the =
NA27 and the small BHS, just pick them up together--you'll pretty much =
have it.
It's got all of the critical elements in it, including the text tables, =
variant readings, etc. in the NA27.  For having the whole thing in one =
volume, it looks like a pretty good buy to me.
Michael Beetley
MA Student
Fuller Theological Seminary
mbeetley@fuller.edu