Re: John 1:1 and the JW's

From: Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church (pauld@iclnet93.iclnet.org)
Date: Wed Aug 09 1995 - 01:54:16 EDT

Ken:
        My Th.M. thesis (Dallas Seminary, '75), entitled "The
Significance of the Anarthrous Predicate Nominative in John," prompted by
an abuse of Colwell's Rule (where the inverse or negative of his rule was
invalidly inferred both by Colwell and many others, including those who
would attempt to use his rule to argue against the JW interpretation in
Jn 1:1), totally supports your assertions. I found that the anarthrous
predicative nominative in John's Gospel was qualitative 65 out of 74
occurrences, or 88% probability.
        If you would like the conclusion of my thesis, I would be happy
to forward it on to you via the net.
        Paul Dixon