Re: Information Request

From: Vincent Broman (broman@np.nosc.mil)
Date: Tue Aug 08 1995 - 18:08:43 EDT

James White, Orthopodeo@aol.com asked:

Check out elenchus@uottawa.bitnet

> there was talk of scanning various manuscript sources...

This procedes under the "Electronic New Testament Manuscript Project",
which you can learn about at http://styx.uwa.edu.au/ENTMP/ on the WWW.
Negotiations are underway to do scanning of papyri images.
Some transcription is being done: I'm working on the Freer Gospels
and Tim Finney has done most of the pre-1000 MSS of Hebrews.
I've collected texts of major editions and there is a catalog of
MSS derived from the appendix of NA26. There is a mailing list
which can be joined by emailing to jtauber@tartarus.uwa.edu.au .

The only MS actually transcribed and available on the Internet right _now_
is my Freer Gospels Matthew.

Vincent Broman, code 572 Bayside Email: broman@nosc.mil
Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center, RDT&E Div.
San Diego, CA 92152-6147, USA Phone: +1 619 553 1641