Re: Harold Greeknee's address

From: James K. Tauber (jtauber@tartarus.uwa.edu.au)
Date: Mon Aug 28 1995 - 20:51:31 EDT

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995, Micheal Palmer wrote:
> I am trying to find a copy of J. Harold Greenlee's _A New Testament Greek
> Morpheme Lexicon_ for our library. It is out of print. Do any of you know
> how to contact the author? Is he on this list?

A few years back I bought the last known copy for sale in Australia :-)
The book is excellent although suffers from being in book form. It would be
much better in electronic form, linked to an inflectionally parsed text
(and probably dictionary).

When I bought the book, Zondervan had just decided to discontinue the
book. Harold Greenlee (now retired in Floria, I believe) was keen to make
the information freely available, possibly in electronic form.

I offered to convert the text into a standard format and make it
available (and I'd still like to do this) but after a couple of exchanges
with someone at SIL who has Harold's data on disk, I haven't heard anything.

If someone is in contact with Harold, or knows someone at SIL who has the
disk, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'm very keen to make this valuable work of
Harold's available.

Thanks for reminding me of this Micheal. :-)

James K. Tauber <jtauber@tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
University Computing Services and Centre for Linguistics
University of Western Australia, Perth, AUSTRALIA
http://www.uwa.edu.au/student/jtauber