LXX text variation in difficulty

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 1995 - 19:16:43 EDT

  I wonder if someone could make a suggestion regarding some passages
from the LXX. I'm looking for a good cross-section of chapters, which
range from easy to tortuous (though I think I'll Job 28, where the
translators probably had to punt far too much) Greek. I've done some
work in the LXX, particularly the 4th servant song, but I've no idea
how that compares to other portions. I'd like to include both prose
and poetry, but I also don't know if what was Hebrew poetry ended up
as poetry in the LXX. If so, I'm interested in some of that as well.
Thanks in advance.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA