Re: Discourse Analysis

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 1995 - 19:47:42 EST

> I am looking for any information/resources (books, articles, URLs,
> etc.) that deal with discourse analysis and the Biblical text. How is
> discourse analysis used? What does discourse analysis offer to the
> biblical scholar? etc. If anyone is interested, they could contact me
> for a summary.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Allan Lyons
> lyons@dlcwest.com

   I' m sure others on the list will have more specific suggestions,
but I saw a few titles in the recent copy I got of the Scholarly
Resources Catalog from the Amer. Bible Society (though the one that
got my interest the most was on Hebrew poetry, I believe there were
titles related to NT Greek). I don't have it with me so I can't be
more specific at the moment (if you need more, try me after next
Monday -- until then, I'm not doing anything but reading stuff on
anthropology and the NT for a presentation).

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA