Re: Standardized Transliteration

From: David Housholder (73423.2015@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 23:26:24 EST

Carl Conrad supports the upper case transliteration scheme for Greek. Personally
I find the lower case transliteration easier to read. I expect practice and
familiarity make the difference in preference and I may learn to appreciate the
upper case approach, but when I see longer quotations (more than a word or two)
in the upper case transliteration I skip and hope I can figure out what the
writer is talking about by reading the comments.

Again, that's just me but I would be interested to know if others have the same
difficulties.

David Housholder
writing at 11:24 PM on Thursday, November 30, 1995