Re: help

From: John Calvin Hall (johnhall@gulf.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 1995 - 22:12:25 EST

At 08:25 PM 12/2/95 -0500, you wrote:
>as a peruser-I would not begin to think that my 1yr of greek makes me
>conversant with this group-who is learning daily when the biblcal greek is
>discussed, may I express my frustration at wading through discussions such
>as-iounian-where a simple question of accents ended in a debate over
>apparent preconceptions and church polity. I want to learn more of
>greek-then I'll let my preconceptions(which are obviously correct-as I'm
>sure you all feel yours are) do the interpreting.
>have fun in him.

Here, here!

May I have the privilage to be one of the first to welcome you to B-Greek!

Not all of us here are Junior Assistant Metzgers (Praise God!!), but if I
may say we all enjoy the subject of Biblical Greek. Please, feel free to
toss in a round or three - - like I tell my students, the only stupid
question is the question unasked - - and your opinion is as good as any
others. |8^)

...So, what do YOU think of Metzger's indirect statements that the original
autographs contained errors? |8'P

John Calvin Hall
johnhall@gulf.net

...Modern Textual Criticism and Biblical Textual Criticism are not the same.