Re: Women elders and apostles

From: BibAnsMan@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 02 1995 - 18:38:22 EST

In a message dated 95-12-02 18:25:52 EST, Larry Swain:
regarding 1 Timothy 2:11ff.

>The best conclusion seems to me based on these and other important
>factors that this speaks of familial relationships and should not be
>confused with leadership roles in the church.

Actually, in the very next chapter Paul wrote the reason of his writing, "but
in case I am delayed, [I write] so that you may know how one ought to conduct
himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the
pillar and support of the truth."

Also, note the content of chapter 3. This is the immediate context. Paul's
epistles to Timothy do deal with the church.

I missed the evidence for the following statement you made:

>True. So why do you object to the fact that the early Fathers understood
>Junia as a female apostle?

Where do the early church Fathers say this???

Jim
Professor of Greek at
Logos Bible Institute
13248 Roscoe Blvd.