Re: confused

From: Mike Adams (mikadams@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 1995 - 02:23:09 EST

You wrote:

>It's a slow night. I am a bit confused. I am being told that there
must
>be an inerrant text of Scripture or I have nothing to base my faith on.
>Some even say I can't be a Christian without believing (I suppose that
>means give mental assent to) in an inerrant text. But they also tell me
>that the texts that are inerrant are the original autographs which I
can't
>quite get to. Woe is me for I am in a pickle. I can't be saved without
an
>inerrant text and we haven't yet found the autographs. If anyone finds
>them, fax them to me quick!
>
>Calton L. Winbery

Quel chance!!
Would you believe it? An angel just dropped off a complete set of
autographs in a single volume. He said I could keep them a while, long
enough to look them over. Unfortunately, the pages won't run through the
fax, being gold and all. But if you can bear with me for a couple of
days, I'll come up with an inerrant translation!

Sincerely,
js

P.S. I don't care what others may say, I'm certain you're just as tall as
Bildad the Shuhite.