Re: Reminders from the list owner: B-GREEK (inerrancy, magazines etc.

From: Tony Prete (tonyp@waterw.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 1995 - 02:17:52 EST

Regarding the unwanted mag subscriptions, all they take--at least with
Eudora-- is two clicks on the "Trash" key and they're gone. Complaining
about them just means more posts to delete; trying to cut them off at the
source is, as some have expressed, both frustrating and time-consuming..
Such intrusions are inevitable, I believe, as more and more people salivate
over the sales possibilities of reaching wide audiences at little or no
cost. I'm afraid it will only get worse.

We've all grown accustomed to throwing away unopened junk mail that the Post
Office delivers and to muting commercials on TV. Maybe we'll just have to
learn to do the same with our e-mailboxes. Let's not allow this small
annoyance to distract us from the stimulating and probing exchanges that
characterize the B-Greek forum. Though I mostly just "lurk," I appreciate
the contributors, whether they're discussing some fine point of translation
or just passsing on insider information about such seemingly mundate items
as when the newly revised BAGD will probably be out.

I attended the AAR/SBL convention for the first time this year, and found it
fascinating. For me, B-Greek is like sitting in on an on-going SBL
session.Starting Monday, I'll be in the hospital for about a week (prostate
cancer surgery--prayers gratefully accepted) and one of the things I'll miss
the most is my nightly review of the day's B-Greek posts--subscription
offers and all.
Tony
Haddonfield, NJ