Are you being habitually unsubscribed from this LIST? Read this!

From: David John Marotta (djm5g@virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 19 1995 - 08:53:46 EST

Hi, this is a note from the list owner.

Subscribers on this list are automatically unsubscribed if messages
begin bouncing. This is the only way I could possible run lists which
have over 1500 people on them. It has taken some time to build up
a parsing file capable of recognizing most of the bounced messages,
determining which subscribers is responsible, unsubscribing them,
and sending out three messages (12 hours apart) letting them know
that they have been unsubscribed.

HOWEVER, sometimes the system unsubscribes someone because their
system is momentarily down and this is annoying to subscribers.
I have now put in a file which contains phrases which indicate that
the problem is temporary and I should not unsubscribe the person
from the list.

IF YOU RECEIVE AN UNSUBSCRIBE MESSAGE and believe that I could have
known that the problem was temporary, forward the message to me
and I will look at the original bounced message to see if I can
find a phrase to indicate that the problem was temporary.
DON'T everyone who receives such a message forward it to me.
THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER. Only forward it to me if you are being
habitually unsubscribed (i.e. the second or third set of three messages
you receive from me telling you that you have been unsubscribed)
Remeber, for each ONE unsubscribe I try to sen THREE messages to you.

If you are in doubt, just resubscribe and don't forward it to me.

Thanks, I hope this will help the five people who have been
regularly unsubscribed and dropped me notes about it.

David John Marotta, Medical Center Computing, Stacey Hall
Univ of Virginia (804) 982-3718 wrk INTERNET: djm5g@virginia.edu
Box 512 Med Cntr (804) 924-5261 msg PRODIGY: KCMR45A
C'ville VA 22908 (804) 296-7209 fax IBM US: usuvarg8