RE:Translating

From: Charles W. Bradley (74034.676@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 1996 - 22:36:31 EST

>I'm wondering whether this is really meant to argue that critical
>methodology should NOT be taught in the seminaries. I hope >not. While
reasoning may raise problems for faith, I don't see >much that seminaries
>can teach if they abandon reasoning altogether.

I did not mean to imply a tension between faith and reason or rationality in
posting the verses from Hebrews. "...the term faith is restricted to the assent
to those truths which rest upon the direct testimony of God alone, objectively
revealed in the Scriptures, as discerned through spiritual illumination.."
[.A.A. Hodge].

Charles Bradley
Hopewell Presbyterian Church