Re: Liddell and Scott

From: Bernard Taylor (btaylor@polaris.lasierra.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 1996 - 13:40:53 EST

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, GLENN WOODEN wrote:

> I have heard that a new edition of Liddell and Scott is available, or
> soon to be available. Oxford Canada (at least the person with whom I
> spoke) knows nothing about it. Can anyone enlighten me on the
> accuracy of this report?

Glenn,

I attended a number of meetings and served on committees in lexicography,
etc. at SBL in Nov. (including a lunch with Don Kraus from OUP, who I
expect would have mentioned it if it were so), and no one mentioned such a
possibility. I do know that a new BAGD is due out shortly (at press?),
but no LSJ to my knowledge.

Regards,

Bernard Taylor