Female Author of Hebrews? (was Re: IEph inscr)

From: Stephen C Carlson (scarlso1@osf1.gmu.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 19 1996 - 01:50:33 EST

Kenneth Litwak wrote:
> (you know, like Prisicilla did when writing hebrews,
>according to one book I have seen)?

I know you're writing somewhat in jest, but this issue came up a few
months ago and I didn't get to make the following point:

It seems that the author of Hebrew is almost certainly a male (unless
Priscilla was concealing her identity), based upon 11:32 KAI TI ETI LEGW:
EPILEIYEI ME GAR DIHGOUMENON hO XRONOS ...., where DIHGOUMENON, referring
to the author, is masculine.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson, George Mason University School of Law, Patent Track, 4LE
scarlso1@osf1.gmu.edu              : Poetry speaks of aspirations, and songs