Re: I Sam 1 questions

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 1996 - 20:01:00 EST

Dear Carl,

    Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it. I can say one thing
this exam prep has done for me. It has taught me to dislike LSJM. If
widening my Greek reading means constantly consulting that nasty thing,
maybe I'll change my plans. Maybe I don't want to read extra-biblical Greek after
all. I have two chapters left to prepare for my exam. One of them is WisSol 7.
Based on my experience of the last several days, I could easily spend
six hours just looking up words in LSJM for that chapter, since there are lines
in it where about all I recognize is KAI and EIMI. It also frustrates me to
consult LSJM and not find a satisfactory definition. Last night I was
working on Isa 61 and I came to the verb KATAKOSMEW. All I could
find in LSJM was equip or arrange, nothing that seemed suitable for
adorning a bride. OH well. I'll stop complaining. I'm just glad this
Greek death march is over in five days. I've translated at least one chapter
of Greek every day since Dec. 17, with a week off at Christmas for good
behavior (that's when I did my annual Star Wars novel reading). Thanks again
for the help. Sorry if I forgot about the HINA TI discussion earlier (though
I did save it). I've seen so much stuff since then and am trying to memorize so
much vocabularly that it just slipped through the cracks. I guess turning forty
affectted me more adversely than I thought.

Ken