re: Majority Text

From: Timster132@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 30 1996 - 04:24:28 EST

On 29-Jan-96 Paul Watkins, 102737,1761 writes...
>Those interested in the new 1991 Majority text (NOT the TR)
>The New Testament in the Original Greek According to the Majority/
>Byzantine Textform by Robinson/Pierpont, 1991.....The text itself is in near

>manuscript format, fully delimited of punctuation, accents, breathing marks,
>capitalization and paragraphing. It is thus laid out in uncial form but
with
>miniscule lettering (all lowercase except for book titles) and spacing
between
>words.

Interesting... since the *majority* of manuscripts have accent marks,
punctuation, breathing marks, in minuscule form, but not a "lowercase"
lettering.

>Chapter/verse numbers are added for reference. There is no
>textual apparatus cluttering up the page at the bottom or in the
>margin, and the type is very neat and readable. Recommended only for
>people who know Greek (those who don't should use an Strong's coded
>interlinear).

Recommended for people who know Greek but don't know texutal criticism... who
wants to be cluttered up with all those apparati? :)

Still, I imagine the type reads better than the Nestle 4th edition!

"Critically" yours,

Tim Staker, pastor
Poseyville Christian Church
Poseyville, IN USA
Timster132@aol.com
http://home.aol.com/Timster132

CLW: (800)-447-9142, $16.49 (Get an LITV and New Interlinear Bible while
          Item: WDROBINS&01 you're at it- this is the only place!)

CBD: (508)-977-5000, $18.95 (May not still be carried)
                Item: 54434

Paul Watkins
Grace College and Seminary