Re: Greek fonts

From: Edgar M. Krentz (emkrentz@mcs.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 1996 - 22:56:01 EST

>I need SMK Greek Keys or a SMK Greek font such as Attika or Sparta, so I
>can use Perseus on the Web. If these are freely distributable (I'm told
>that fonts are not copyrightable, although there appear to be differences
>of opinion), I would appreciate a copy. If not, perhaps someone has an
>extra set.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Will

I believe that these fonts and the manual that goes with them are
copywrited by Classical Micropublishinig and the AMerican Philological
Association.

You can order SMK Greek Keys from Scholars Press,, c/o Professional Book
Distributors, P.O. Box 6996, Alopharetta, GA 330239-6996. Phone
800-437-6692.

This comes on three diskettes, with a 61 page manual. It includes the Greek
Keys Universal keyboard program to enable you to properly type the fonts.
My memory tells me that it costs about $50.00--though my meory is often
fallible. I do not think one can ethically simply give this to another
person, since it is not shareware.

Cordially,

Edgar Krentz, New Testament
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago