Hebrew-Greek comparison tips

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@virginia.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 01 1996 - 02:44:25 EST

   I am looking for any tips or shortcuts that anyone knows for helping to reuce the
amount of grunt work I need to do for a paper. I need to compare a large amount
of Qumran Hebrew text to a few verses in the NT. Although some secondary
literature has suggested some comparisons, I am going to be doing a very
detaiiled comparison of these two blocks of material. Since I am dealing
with non-blical material, I can't just use Hatch and Redath. Can anyone suggest
ways to aid in finding meaningful or significant parallels between
Hebrew and Greek texts without having to spend the next year doing it? This is,
after all, for one seminar paper, not a dissertation. I don't expect to
escape the laborious searching, but if there's a way to shorten it, I'd like to
know. Thanks.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkely, CA