Re: Hebrew-Greek comparison tips

From: Michael D Hildenbrand (echad@uclink.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 01 1996 - 16:13:54 EST

Ken,
        This is a difficult question. What exactly are you comparing?
Concepts? If this is the case, I can see no way around the grunt work
(this is the most productive kind of work anyway!). If you are doing a
structural study, one would do each piece separately and then
compare them-both of which amount to grunt work. If you are comparing the
vocabulary used by the two texts (on the same subjects?) you would want
to do word studies on the vocabularies separately and then compare
semantic ranges. If you are comparing lengthy pieces, you might consider
how each develops concepts-a sort of discourse analysis.
        What exactly are you looking for in this comparison?

Under His Mercy,
Michael Hildenbrand echad@uclink.berkeley.edu