FW: Anchor Bible Dictionary

From: Scobie Smith (Scobie@logos.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 1996 - 15:36:00 EDT

I'm on the development team at Logos Research Systems, which is
developing the Anchor CD for Doubleday. The search-features of the ABD
CD will let you do more than you would with a print-index. The CD is
still under beta-review, but it is near completion.

Since Doubleday is marketing it themselves (and not Logos), they have
determined the price themselves. It's a pity it's going to be too
expensive for some, especially when compared with falling prices of other
electronic books. I hope that maybe in time the price will drop.

I personally have doubts about a printed index -- at least we're not
developing one. It wouldn't be able to do complex boolean-type searches
for you in any event....

Scobie P. Smith
Sr. Editor, Biblical and Ancient Languages
Software Developer
Logos Research Systems
2117 200th Ave. West
Oak Harbor, WA 98277