Numerical Count of NT Words

From: Rod Bias (Rod.Bias@asu.edu)
Date: Tue May 07 1996 - 12:56:20 EDT

Today I was asked about the number of words in the NT. I seem to
recall that it is "just under 140,000" or 139,xxx. I tried to check
Friberg; but, despite all the numbers given, I found no grand total.
Likely, it is there somewhere and I just overlooked it. Can anyone give
me an "exact" count without too much effort.

        Hitchhiking on that: Where would one find a breakout of totals
for each book and then frequency lists for individual books. The right
computer program with a UBS4 text should be able to crunch this in
seconds.

--
Rod.Bias@ASU.Edu

Rodney L. Bias (602) 438-9202 4648 East Saint Catherine Avenue Phoenix, Arizona 85040-5369 USA