Re: Eph 4:2 prepositions

From: James H. Vellenga (jhv0@viewlogic.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 1996 - 16:55:59 EDT

> Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the two META prepositional phrases
> in Ephesians 4:2 modify--the infinitive PERIPATHSAI, or the participial
> phrase ANEXOMENOI ALLHLWN? Are there any good articles or books that provide
> insight for such questions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Glenn Weaver

There's a third possibility, which just treats the META's as part
of the general flow of thought (sort of like sentence fragments),
but technically, if diagrammed, modifying PERIPATHSAI:

"So I, the prisoner, encourage you in the Master to go around in a manner
worthy of the invitation with which you got called, with every [kind of]
humility and gentleness, with patience, [constantly] putting up
with each other in love ...."

Regards,
Jim V.