RE: Luke 12:10

From: Dave Haggard (dave.haggard@mci.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 1996 - 17:26:50 EDT

So, have I been off all this time (Welcome the newcomer!)?
I understand EIS to mean not only "against," but as often as not, "into" or "unto" (which can be understood as connected with "against.") Using "into" here would convey the meaning proposed by Grams. Speaking "into" Christ, such as in confessing Him, would make perfect sense in this passage by his interpretation.
If context matters, Grams proposal makes perfect sense.
Rev. Dave Haggard
Tom's Kids Ministries
Colorado Springs, CO
renegade@rmii.com
If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. -- Isaiah 7:9