Re: Greek-to-ASCII suggestions

From: Rod Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 29 1996 - 08:43:06 EDT

> I also notice that the Perseus site does give one the option of
>entering queries in Beta Code (CCAT standard) which uses X for Chi and C
>for Xi. The site also gives one the option of using a system that
>includes digraphs or a greek font which they supply.
>
> I'm still wondering if, as a scholarly exercise, it is not
>worthwhile to learn the Beta Code system, since one encounters it in so
>many different places.

Perhaps I missed earlier discussion (I just got back on line last week
after a cross-country move), but the reference to "the Perseus site does
give one the option of entering queries" is intriguing. Is there a www site
that enables queries of Greek text? Any info would be appreciated.

Rod

 Rodney J. Decker, Asst. Prof./NT Baptist Bible Seminary
 rdecker@bbc.edu Clarks Summit, PA