koine greek

From: John Oaklands (matthews@dragon.net.au)
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 22:29:17 EST

Isidoros

I would not presume to argue with your expertise. I respect your
presidential position, as well as learning and experience. However, I have
to suggest that your assumptions with respect to the students under question
are incorrect, since, for example, they all without exception came from well
educated and even influential backgrounds. I still maintain that those
Greeks who think they understand koine Greek must be reading it in terms of
twentieth century language and culture.

John Oaklands