RE: Form of MEGALUNW

From: Stevens, Charles C (Charles.Stevens@unisys.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 12:54:32 EDT

At 4:03AM on June 11, 1997, Carl W. Conrad suggested:

<<
>It's grammatical but it seems redundant to me. I'd make it simply "hINA
>MEGALUNQHi hO QEOS"

If I were going to simplify it to this point, I'd condense the John 11:4
extract to "hINA DOCASQHI hO QEOS", but if I did that, I'd lose the
"MAJOREM" thought from the original Latin. That's why I was asking
about the proper location of "MEIZONWS" in such a phrase, and whether or
not "MEIZOTERWS" would be semantically and/or idiomatically
different/superior in that context.