Re: Jn 2:4, TI EMOI KAI SOI, GUNAI;

From: Edward Hobbs (EHOBBS@WELLESLEY.EDU)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 18:00:23 EDT

Carl,

_Die Mitte der Zeit_ WAS (and IS) the title of Conzelmann's book on Luke.
He told me privately that he considered the British title, "The Theology of
St. Luke," a travesty. Bultmann told me the same thing about the American
title of his Gifford Lectures ("The Presence of Eternity," rather than
"History and Eschatology").

Edward

 that (to use
Conzelmann's phrase originally meant as a title of his book on Luke's
gospel) the HOUR thus understood is the Center-of-Time ("die Mitte der
Zeit") that marks a convergence of human time and eternity, a point from
which all preceding miracles in human time and all miracles ever to follow
in human time derive their significance and their power.