New Synoptic List

From: Mark Goodacre (goodacms@m4-arts.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 10:49:55 EST

Dear all

I am currently looking into the possibility of getting a new list
going on the study of the synoptic problem. This would have, I think,
some obvious advantages:

1. There is some synoptic discussion on the Crosstalk list but it is
clearly not congenial to all. A new list would take some of that
discussion off Crosstalk -- a very wide-ranging E-List.

2. There are members of this list who would clearly be interested in
a synoptic list, members who do not have the time for the
wide-ranging topics covered on Crosstalk, and who feel that b-greek
is not the right place to engage in such a discussion.

3. Most importantly, a new synoptic list could draw in figures not
involved in either b-greek or crosstalk.

I am putting this feeler out to see what others think, and in
particular to ask whether there are any ideas about the kind of shape
such a list could take. I would be happy to have feedback either on
b-greek, or, if you would prefer, privately.

At this stage I am just canvassing opinion. It would be my hope to
get the list going, should there be adequate support, early in the new
year.

Thanks in anticipation for any feedback

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk