RE: Gramcord notes on the article

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Fri Jan 02 1998 - 15:52:29 EST

At 01:23 PM 1/2/98 -0700, Williams, Wes wrote:

>> 1. "definite and qualitative": has the qualities and characteristics
>> associated with God
>> 2. "indefinite and qualitative": has the qualities and characteristics
>> associated with a God

>The distinction between the above two items is a distinction of
>_degree_ of qualitativeness and ontology, not of qualitativeness per se.
>In both examples, both have the qualities and characteristics associated
>with God.

Wes,

I'm not sure whether you understood my point and disagree, or whether I
failed to make myself clear, so excuse me if this is repetitive, but...

I think both are qualitative. One is definite, the other is indefinite. I
*hope* that definiteness and qualitativeness are orthogonal. At any rate,
this is all based on a very scientific feeling in the pit of my stomach ;->

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com

Little Greek Home Page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine
Little Greek 101: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine/greek/lessons