Re: PLANHTHS in Jude 13

From: Steven Cox (scox@chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Date: Sat Jan 10 1998 - 09:07:13 EST

        Thanks Carl
        Very useful comment!

        But I was wrong about PLANHTHS being hapax legomena
        it is in LXX Hosea 9:17 speaking of "Ephraim" as
        a "wanderer in the nations":

        APWSETAI AUTOUS O QEOS OTI OUK EISHKOUSAN AUTON
        KAI ESONTAI PLANHTAI EN TOIS EQNESIN.

        Not that there's any cosmological significance
        in this case - just the std. earthbound meaning.
        Regards
        Steven