Re: POREUQEIS EKHRUXEN APEIQHSASIN in 1Peter3:19~20

From: Richard Lindeman (richlind@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 21:03:35 EST

Here is also an example of variety in usage of aorist aspect.
POREUQEIS... I see as perfective aspect with emphasis on completion.
"Having gone"
EKHRUXEN... I see as a constative aorist with puctiliar complete aspect
"He proclaimed" conveys to me the image of the entire time of proclamation
as he was there.
APEIQHSASIN... Could be seen as an ingressive aroist with punctiliar aspect
here? Those who at one time came into the state of unbelief

Rich Lindeman