Re: Rom. 3:22a: DIA PISTEWS IHSOU XRISTOU

From: JPDow (mathetes@erols.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 01:14:08 EST

Jim West wrote:

> >If so, would
> >that mean that scripture speaks of 3 things that are imputed:
> >righteousness, sin, and faith (I always thought it was only the first
> >two that scripture spoke of as being imputed). I'm not saying that
> >this is definitely what your view leads to; but it does occur to me
> >as the next logical step.
>
> And the correct one. (Sound calvinistic don't I?)

I'm Calvinistic in my theological outlook myself, but I have never
read any Reformers for or against this particular idea. I guess I'll
have to do some more reading...

Sola Gratia,

Jeremy

mathetes@erols.com
WWW site: http://www.erols.com/mathetes
"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this
word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).