Re: INA + aorist subjunctive

From: Steven Cox (scox@chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 1998 - 22:07:48 EST

        Carl, and anyone else.
        I have heard of "already/not yet" as a hermeneutic
        concept, but have no (conscious) experience of
        applying it at a grammatical level. Are there
        distinctions of tense, mood or aspect which would help
        to identify an "already/not yet" meaning or is it
        entirely contextual?

        Is "already/not yet" also present in classical greek?
        Regards
        Steven

At 06:54 98/01/17 -0600, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>At 1:28 AM -0600 1/17/98, Steven Cox wrote:
>> Hello b-greekers
>>
>> INA KATARGHSHi ..TON DIABOLON (Heb2:14)
>>
>> INA ELEHMWN GENHTAI KAI PISTOS ARCIEREUS (Heb2:17)

<snip>