Re: Online GNT with variants

From: Paul S. Dixon (dixonps@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 1998 - 01:48:13 EST

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:32:39 -0600 (CST) Jeffrey Gibson
<jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu> writes:

>Pardon this rather ignorant question, but it was brought home to me by
>Paul Dixon's recent posting on the Martha and Mary passage in Luke.
>Paul in his response refers to textual variants, and then goes on to
give
>the variants themselves, as do many others in other postings about other
>topics. Now is this done by going to a NA26/27/UBS3/4 and copying out
>the information in the apparatus (as I would have to do), or is he (and
>all or any others who refer to variant readings in their postings) using

>an online/downloadable/purchase-able GNT which not only *includes*
>variants but can pull them up when they exist? Paul, you can answer for
>yourself. But do others know something I don't know.

Jeffrey:

Whenever I cite variant manuscripts it always comes from my manually
typing such from either the UBS or the Nestle's text, that is, from the
books themselves. Until we actually start using the Greek text online in
B-Greek discussions, then it seems hardly worthwhile copying and pasting
from the GNT online.

Paul Dixon