Re: QED

From: Peter Phillips (p.m.phillips@cliff.shef.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 08:45:30 EST

As everyone else seems to have had a go at this, I always thought that it
was "Quod\Quid est demonstrandum". Unfortunately, I don't have my Latin
grammar here in my office - it's at home. So which is it? Surely you can
have a gerundive with the present to mean "that which must be demonstrated"
- i.e "Prove it". I never did any Euclid but I hope that and the fact that
this has nothing to do at all with B-Greek or the NT doesn;t debar this
message or result in flames and other such nonsense.

Oh, and by the way - could someone remind this rather forgetful idiot what
the difference is between 'quid' and 'quod'!!!!

Pete Phillips