Re: nt humor.

From: Nichael Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 17:26:03 EST

Lavopc@aol.com wrote:
> Jim West's presupposition that there was an "historical Jesus "
different from
> the one we have recorded, and he is is lost to us because of the
writers and
> editors of the nt strikes me as funny

This may well be, but the position that Jim sketched is precisely the
standard, mainline position of modern NT scholarship.

> [...] I don't want to start a
> theological debate but i had to respond.

And I would --with all due repect-- suggest that your "debate" is not so
much with Jim as it is with contemporary Biblical scholarship.

--
Nichael Cramer
work: ncramer@bbn.com              Gather the folks, tell the stories,